The Admiralty and Maritime law of the United States governs most injuries that occur on the high seas, navigable waters of the United States (including many lakes and rivers) or on piers, docks, wharves and beaches. Federal maritime law supersedes state law and in many circumstances is very different from state personal injury and state workers compensation laws.
The Los Angeles maritime injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Charles D. Naylor have extensive experience representing injured workers in all maritime trades suffering career-ending or catastrophic injuries in accidents around the world. Experience includes:
- Seaman’s claims including unseaworthiness claims under General Maritime Law and negligence claims under the Jones Act
- Workers’ compensation claims for injured longshore workers
- Cruise ship accidents
- Offshore oil rig accidents and injuries
- Commercial fishing accidents
- Tug boat and barge accidents
- Shipyard, dock and pier accidents
- Recreational boating, including accidents on yachts and jet ski injuries
- Wrongful death
Contact a Los Angeles Maritime Personal Attorney
We provide free initial consultations to better understand your situation and the best possible approach to resolving the matter. To arrange a free and confidential case review, please call us today toll-free at 888-440-5829, or complete the free case review form located on this page.